Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Catching Up.

I can't beleive I never posted anything about the marathon. Yes, I finished. Yes, it took forever. And yes, I would do it again. I raised over $1800.00 for JDRF! Tyler went with me for the weekend and my Dad met me at the finishline. I also met up with Ben and his family at the end. They gave me flowers and some pizza. I have decided that that's how every marathon should finish: pizza and flowers!

It's now July and I have recently started training for my next half marathon. I will be running in the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon (13.1 miles, and there's nothing "mini" about it!) on October 23rd, 2011. It is a special day because it marks the birthday of my first dog, Buddy. Im also excited because my Dad has signed up for the half marathon as well!! Also, on October 22nd, Justus and I will be running in the 1.5 mile Doggy Dash. I should get some good pics from both events. Who knows, maybe Justus will do a cartwheel over the finishline!

No comments:

Post a Comment