Friday, March 18, 2011

36 hours and counting

I cant believe it.


It seemed like so long ago that I began on this journey of the marathon. Im so afraid that this weekend will go by faster than I can ever imagine possible and that all the build up will be over and  lost forever. There is a part of me that already feels a great sadness.

Yes, Im excited. Scared. Sad.

I have raised $1500.00 and by the time the fundraising is complete I will come in at about $1800.00. I cant even begin to describe how that makes me feel. I think it's why I feel a little lost in everything. I feel like this isnt about me. And Im ok with that, that's what I wanted! I feel a great sense of pride and it has NOTHING to do with the mileage I am about to run. It has nothing to do with the fact that at the end of the weekend I will be able to slap the 26.2 sticker on my car and proudly say without a DOUBT that I AM A MARATHONER. I feel so honored to have my friends and family (and Ben's family) supporting me through this crazy adventure. I'm proud that I can continue to make an impact on Ben's future.

My nails are painted green. Well, sort of. More like they are paint chipped green. And honestly, it's more aqua than it is green. I've got shamrock spirit (how 'bout you?!)

My bags are packed. Well, sort of. More like I have a bunch of crap somewhat sorted into different piles. Umm, I mean in different bags.

My homework is as done as it's gonna get. I have been preparing for this moment for a long time. I have planned the last few months around this weekend. I don't want to feel any stress when it comes time to cross the start line. No stress. Just excitement. Huge difference.

I dont want to jinx myself, but I'm not going to hit "the wall." Why? Because I know that what I am doing is bigger than me. I know that I have a lot of goodness out there, and it's going to carry me HAPPILY across the finishline.

And yes, there may be some tears along the way.

Shamrock On,
RunnerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment