Sunday, February 6, 2011

A month of Updates... In One Post

I have been bad at keeping this updated. So much has happened in the last month I dont know where to begin. I have experienced morning runs that are so cold that the Gatorade on my hip turns into a slushy within an hour or running. I have been having terrible knee pain that nearly stops me in my tracks. My boyfriend and I went to the American Tobacco Trail in Apex last weekend and I was able to run almost 4 miles before having to turn around and limp nearly 4.5 miles back to the car. It took me over 2 hours to walk that 4.5 miles. I cried... I swore... I cried some more. People stopped to ask me if I was ok and I told them I wasnt, but I knew there wasnt much they could do besides wish me luck on my walk back to the car. It was so painful. I have been dealing with this knee pain for the last 3 weeks and it is starting to wear on my confidence for the marathon. My marathon is in 40 days and I dont know how I am going to do. Maybe I will buy stock in Advil or something. Either way I have raised almost $400.00 for juvenile diabetes, and I expect to have much more before the marathon starts. I have been sick for the last couple of days and I feel better than I did yesterday. I dont know that I feel ready to attack the 12 miles I need today, so I may hit the stationary bike for 36 miles later (aerobic equivalency) and see how I feel about that. Im kinda ready for this training to be over and then I can go back to half marathon training.

1 comment:

  1. you're doing great! I know setbacks suck but just be patient and good things will happen!

    ReplyDelete