Monday, December 20, 2010

Pain, stretching, and all that jazz...

Im working hard to keep the mileage up, despite the pain in my left foot. I am a little frustrated that I am not raising funds for the marathon as quickly as I had anticipated. I know it's the holidays and that's probably to blame. Except that my fundraiser started in October, so I dont know what's up. I have plans to ramp up excitement in the new year! In the meantime I am doing my best to stay warm and not freeze my toes off.

I am participating in a study at East Carolina University about runners and how flexibility is effected with static vs. ballistic stretching. It will take 6 weeks and I have stretches I have to do 2x a day and report my progress weekly. Im excited to be part of the study and hope that my participation helps in this highly debated topic in the running world.

That's all for now, I will keep you updated in the days to come and how running survives the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment