Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Race Reflections

My race on Sunday was great... I was definitely tired at the end and knew that I gave all I had to give. My finishing time was 1:49:32 which I was very proud of. The official distance was 10.09 miles. I wish I could hit closer to the ACTUAL distance because Im sure my time would be better! Either way, the Kenya's kicked my butt! The three top finishers were all Kenyan's who train in Chapel Hill. It was amazing to watch them. It's like they were floating.... running effortlessly....


While I was happy with my time, I cant help but feel a little disappointed. Im not comparing my time to Kenyan's because that would just be ridiculous. Im just disappointed that my best effort still puts me finishing at the back of the pack. I know finishing is what's most important and blah blah blah. But I just feel like something needs to click pretty soon or else what the heck am I doing out there? I bought a stationary bike and put it together on Tuesday. My plan is to pedal until my legs and brain get the message that running slow just isn't acceptable. I have been running too long to continue to make subpar times. Now Im just irritated the more I think about it..

No comments:

Post a Comment