Saturday, July 10, 2010

Almost to 18!



I woke up this morning and was very excited to see it was overcast! Thank you Mr. Sunshine for waking up late today! I hit the road at 7:15am and went out for my 5 mile run. Justus, my dog, was upset that I didnt take him so once I reached 4 miles I picked up Justus and took him out for the last mile. Oh my gosh was it ever humid! Like I mentioned before I am not a fast runner. But I am consistent and that's what REALLY matters. I ran 5 miles in 59 minutes which is way off pace for qualifying for Boston. My qualifying time for Boston at a sanctioned race is 3:40:59. I dont think Boston is in my near future but sometimes it is fun to think about. How cool is it to run in the footprints of the elites? That is something I never had in gymnastics. Although I dont think I could ever love running as much as gymnastics, I can say without a doubt that I get to compete more in running than I ever could in gymnastics. It's also cheaper than gymnastics. All I need for running is a good pair of shoes and a good sports bra! Oh, and PS I love Under Armour.

I am to the point where I dont think much on my runs. It's probably best to not think because it means Im not thinking about the pain in my heel. Sometimes I fear that my heel will end up getting the best of me one day. I dont like to think about not being able to run. When I get home I ice my foot and stretch it a bit and hope that I can walk in the afternoon. I have my eyes on the half marathon in October and then I want to run in the Tarheel 10 Miler in April of 2011. I worked at a triathlon last October and earned a free entry to a race of my choice so I want to use it for that.

My mileage this week so far is 16.4 miles so I KNOW that I will reach my goal of 18 miles this week. I am a bit sore right now so I think it is time to relax. Until the next run...

-RunnerGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment