Monday, July 5, 2010

Busy day!

I was so busy with homework today that I missed the chance to have a long workout. Honestly, I spent the better part of the 3 day weekend relaxing, which I think I deserve. School has been kicking my butt and my job is stressful. Running is my release... it's what gets me from one day to the next.

At about 8pm I realized that I was working on the same homework assignment for over 2 hours when I suddenly thought "Oh crap! I have to take my movies back!" Yes... I rented a movie for the first time in over a year! I get excited when I have time to watch a movie, how silly is that? I rented "Julie and Julia" and the first season of Sex and the City. I have never watched the show before, but as a 20-something single female I thought it was exactly what I needed. And boy was it ever!

So anyway, I got Justus -my dog- in the car and we headed to Blockbuster before closing time. On the way home I got ready to pass by the park when I thought, "Ya know, Justus you deserve the walk I promised you." So we hit the 1/2 mile path in a power walk. I try to be in bed by 10pm and it was already 8:30 so we had to get a move on it! A half mile wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.

My goal for this week is to hit 18 miles by Sunday. I bought a new therapy device for my foot. It's a "Foot Wheel" that is supposed to work out the pain caused by plantar fascia. The doctor says the only fix is "R-E-S-T" which is not an option right now.

My half marathon is in 110 days.

Did I mention I am also training for the MS 150? It is a 150 mile bike ride broken up into 2 days. That ride is September 11th-12th.

There is so much to do.... so... very... much.

1 comment:

  1. im honored to be your first follower :-) i will be reading your blog for inspiration which i need oh so badly... your sister has reached her all time peak weight point and she needs a nudge in that area...no pun intended...
    julie and julia was pretty awesome, it's one of the better movies ive seen this year, although chasing a toddler around doesnt really allow for much movie time ... or anything else really. i did read the book too (at lunch breaks) and i liked it much better... at least the contemporary part. meryl strip is awesome as julia child, but the other julie is so much better in the book... i swear she is just cooler and edgier and a whole lot funnier. .. anywho.... good night

    ReplyDelete