Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slacker

So I have been running, but not quite hitting my goals. I am working on packing up my bedroom for the big move which has me a little distracted. Not to mention summer school is coming to a close and with that comes stress!

Yesterday I ran before a big storm hit. It was kinda fun racing the storm. I ran to a neighborhood that got hit with a bad storm over the weekend. There is a house that got hit by a tree... its covered in tarps, but there is still yellow tape around the house. So sad. I got to my driveway just as the rain started to fall. When I walked in the door the sky opened up and I was glad to have not run any further.

OMG, can it get any hotter? It has been 90+ everyday for the last few weeks it seems. Tomorrow will be over 100. Is summer over yet? Wow, its almost August and all I have done on 'summer vacation' is run and race. I have not even been to the beach. What is summer without the ocean?

Today I discovered a guy (Matt Jenkins) who runs a few marathons every week. That amazes me to no end. One time he ran 5 in 5 days!!! Right now he is running across the whole state of North Carolina. I checked his map and he will cover just over 740 miles. I dont think I run that in a YEAR!!! He should be near my part of NC tomorrow night. I bet he has no toenails. Ewww...

-RunnerGirl

1 comment:

  1. you've been working hard, so its nice to give yourself a break once in a while. good luck with the move and the tests!

    ReplyDelete